METALLICA's Hardwired To Self-Destruct Is The Highest Selling Hard Rock Album of the Year
Metallica is no stranger to selling an ungodly amount of albums. The band's 1991 Black Album still sells tons of copies per year, though the band is now topping the charts with a new effort. 2016's Hardwired To Self-Destruct came in the top spot of Billboard's Top Rock Albums of 2017, selling 1.1 million copies within Billboard's chart performance year. That year is between December 3, 2016 and November 25, 2017.
The rock list is a pretty strange one too. You've got Metallica right up top, followed by Imagine Dragons and Twenty One Pilots, then a few movie soundtracks. So not exactly a solid representation of the heavier fare, but hey – good on Metallica.
- Metallica – Hardwired To Self-Destruct
- Imagine Dragons – Evolve
- Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface
- Guardians Of The Galaxy, Vol. 2: Awesome Mix Vol. 2 Soundtrack
- Suicide Squad: The Album Soundtrack
- Panic! At The Disco – Death Of A Bachelor
- Linkin Park – One More Light
- The Lumineers – Cleopatra
- The Rolling Stones – Blue & Lonesome
- Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Greatest Hits