Can You Make Metal Music With A Balalaika?
Rob Scallon has a tendency to make any instrument he touches metal and he's taken on the Russian folk instrument balalaika to prove it. The end result is relatively heavy, but without any distortion, the track Scallon has presented to the world sounds more like an interlude between insanely heavy bits than anything else.
As an added bonus, Scallon talks about writing a metal song with the balalaika below.
Here are some of his past videos:
- CANNIBAL CORPSE "Evidence in the Furnace" Ukulele Cover By Sarah Longfield & Rob Scallon Scares Non-Metalheads
- SLAYER's "Payback" Ukulele Cover Duet Has ROB SCALLON & SARAH LONGFIELD Scaring Everybody!
- Every METALLICA Song in 4 Minutes by Rob Scallon
- Rob Scallon Is Bach With Some Thrashy New "Bach Metal"
- Rob Scallon Only Needs One Fret To Write A Kickass Song (Here's Proof)
- The Most Brutal Breakdown Ever, Scientifically
- Tracking Metal Vocals While Skydiving – Now A Thing!
- More here