Toontrack Releases Progressive Metal MIDI Pack by Jay Postones of TesseracT
Toontrack has announced the release of the Progressive Metal MIDI pack, a collection of drum MIDI grooves performed by TesseracT drummer Jay Postones. This marks the seventy-ninth individual drum MIDI pack in Toontrack’s ever-growing collection of drum MIDI for EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3.
The Progressive Metal MIDI pack was performed by Jay Postones of TesseracT and is loosely based around his own catalogue with the band. Expect a collection where the complexity of fusion, the subtlety of jazz and the raw, unfiltered power of metal intertwine to a form a polyrhythmic alloy of hard-hitting, ghost note-riddled sophistication. These are drum foundations pushed to the limit of technicality, performed with razor-sharp finesse by one of the world’s premier progressive metal drummers.
• Drum grooves and fills inspired by modern progressive metal
• Performed by Jay Postones of TesseracT
• 4/4 and 6/8 in straight feel
• More than 400 individually played files
Find the product, audio demos, video and more at Toontrack’s official website.
In related TesseracT news, we are currently running a contest in which you can write your own drum groove under a guitar riff written and performed by TesseracT’s Acle Kahney to win some prizes from Toontrack! More info on that here.
As part of their annual Metal Month this November, Toontrack continues to release a plethora of products specifically tailored for metal recording engineers and enthusiasts. Products released this November so far include:
• The Modern Metal Guitars EZmix Pack, a collection of signal chain presets for modern metal guitar and bass tones.
• The Drums of Destruction EZX, an EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 3 expansion pack that features sound samples captured by Lamb of God drummer Chris Adler and producer Josh Wilbur.
• The Bob Rock EZmix 2 expansion pack, featuring 50 custom settings by the man who produced Metallica’s “Black Album” and records by Survivor, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, and many, many more.
• The Hardcore MIDI Pack, a collection of drum MIDI grooves performed by Hatebreed drummer Matt Byrne.
Stay up to date on all things Metal Month right here.