Fan Dies At Wacken Fest 2012 (Probably Because Of Drinking)
- Posted by RobInjection on August 6, 2012
These type of stories always suck. Everybody's been telling me that going to Wacken is the most fun time ever. Everybody is in such good spirits and it's a non-stop party. Well, it looks like somebody partied way too hard on the final night of the German festival over the weekend. According to Wacken website:
“At this year’s Wacken Open Air festival, a tragic accident took place on the camping ground. As far as is known now, a festival guest laid down on canvas-covered trailer, where he fell asleep. A power generator was also located underneath the cover and running, filling the space between trailer and canvas with poisonous carbon monoxide. As it appears, the person on the trailer was breathing in this gas and consequently died. After approximately two hours, the friends of the deceased went looking and discovered the lifeless body under the canvas on the trailer. Emergency services and doctor were called immediately, but couldn’t successfully resuscitate the person. The State Attorney has started investigations.”
The organizers of Wacken have released this statement on the matter:
Unfortunately, we have sad news: We were informed by the German Red Cross that there has been a death at the Wacken Open Air 2012. We are shocked and send our condolences to family and friends of the deceased.”
I can't help but think that whomever died was just too drunk to go to their tent and simply passed out at the first place they found. Drinking can be fun, but lack of moderation can lead to decisions such as this one, which ultimately aren't the best. Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the deceased.
[via Metal Insider]