March, 2013 Archive
It's Easter Sunday, which means things get weird on the Livecast. We talk about X-Pac's ruptured anus, broken shafts, Noa having sex with reanimated versions of her boyfriend, as well as plenty of local Russian and Jewish talk. We witness a really weird basketball injury and talked about it on the air. We also discussed Dave Mustaine's altercation with Willie Nelson, the possibility of attending a weed getaway in Colorado and much more. Here is this week's playlist:
Cephalic Carnage – Divination & Violation
Martyr AD - American Hollow
Bloodbath – Process of Disillumination
Down – Hail The Leaf
Queens of the Stone Age played a new song for the first time off their upcoming release, …Like Clockwork in Brazil over the weekend, with new touring drummer John Theodore. What do you think of new QOTSA?
Jeff Is Not Coming Back To SLAYER; Kids Sing IRON MAIDEN in the Top 10 Most Visited Pages of the Week
It's been a dramatic week in heavy metal, what with the news that Jeff Hanneman might not come back to Slayer, Dave Mustaine getting back on the interview cycle to promote his new album and Phil Anselmo calling for peace. We also posted two killer new videos…drinking beer with Kvelertak and asking bands about their best pranks in time for April Fool's Day. Here are the top stories of the week:
- Jeff Hanneman Might Not Be Coming Back To SLAYER
- Kids Sing IRON MAIDEN's Flight Of Icarus
- The New LIMP BIZKIT Song Is As Terrible As You Thought It'd Be
- KVELERTAK Judge The Worst American Beers
- GHOST B.C. Year Zero video (NSFW)
- PHIL ANSELMO Says "It's Time For Peace" With VINNIE PAUL
- It Seems Bands Don't Make Money Off Touring Either
- Best Pranks By Bands on ASK THE ARTIST
- Stream The New KILLSWITCH ENGAGE Album, Disarm The Discent In Full
- MACHINE HEAD Now Accepting Bassist Auditions. YOU Could Be In MACHINE HEAD!
Join us this Sunday for a new episode of the Metal Injection Livecast.
He's banging his other head now
He'll be getting a free CD for his efforts. Now for this week's fun photo to caption, a photo we just discovered earlier today that I think is perfect for this:
This week, we're giving away a copy of the new Kvelertak album, Meir, which can also be purchased at Amazon.com.
This is beyond amazing. Kids from the Watville Primary School in England singing the classic Iron Maiden tune, "Flight of Icarus." Iron Maiden's The Number Of The Beast was recently named one of the most influential albums of all time. Find out why.